Write a journal entry from the point of view of one of the characters from The Village by the Sea. The entry should take place within the first five chapters of the novel, and must include key conflict details that prompted the character to write the entry.
The entry is as follows :I've had it. I can't take it anymore. I've decided, I will leave this miserable little house, and go to Bombay, far, far away.
Just why must heaven make things difficult for me? My father, that stupid toddy addict, can't stop going to that blasted toddy shop and get himself drunk every night. Why can't he realise he is the centre of all the problems in the house? He no longer fishes and brings back money for us, sold away his cow and boat to pay debts, and now people want to harm us to get back their money. I just wish he could die soon.
My mother, she is always ill. Getting weaker day by day, but then, we do not know of any cure yet. She's having fever now, we don't have the money to take her to a doctor where hopefully, he could relieve Mother of her sickness. We can't do anything about it.
My family, it's so poor, no money! We can't cure Mother of her illness, can't pay off that toddy addict's debts, can't live a good life without pressure!
I can't take it! I will go to Bombay, I will get a job, experience that joy of having some money, and leave behind that hellhole.
To be continued with another blog post.
No comments:
Post a Comment