Sunday, February 28, 2010

Term 1 Week 8a: A bit of Narrative Writing + Comprehension 2

This week Mr Lundberg carried on with a little bit of narrative writing before continuing with comprehension. The comprehension was about description and its methods.
  1. Try to include all five senses - touch, taste, sight, smell, sound - into the descriptions.
  2. Adjectives may have the same meaning but they usually have different a positive or negative description of the object (connotation). Use them wisely because when you use the wrong word marks can be deducted for composition tests.
Then he continued with comprehension. I actually failed my first compre assignment. A very bad way to start off with the lessons. Then Mr Lundberg went through the whole assignment. Now I know my mistakes: -
  • Too vague
  • Not answering to question
  • COMPARITIVE QUESTION: MUST EXPLAIN AND GIVE EXAMPLES FROM PASSAGES
Also he gave us a new assignment and wanted us to complete that by Friday. I am determined that I will be able to do better this time, having noted my errors and flaws.

Here is a video which teaches you skill about how to understand the passages.



To be continued with weekend homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment